Lund, Sweden, 08.00 am CET, 2 May 2019 – BONESUPPORT HOLDING AB (publ) , – listed on Nasdaq Stockholm – an emerging leader in orthobiologics for the management of bone voids, today published the interim report for the first quarter 2019.
STRONG GROWTH FOR CERAMENT G AND CERAMENT V
“The strategic changes initiated in 2018 begin to show results. Our antibiotic-eluting products grew by 54 percent in the quarter and we see a significant improvement in business performance. We remain determined to execute our strategy for growth and market penetration.”
Emil Billbäck, CEO
JANUARY – MARCH 2019
- Net sales amounted to SEK 32.8 million (31.1), an increase of 6 percent compared with the same period previous year. Europe and the rest of the world (EUROW) reports continued strong growth of 41 percent compared with the corresponding period last year. Sales in the US have decreased by 28 percent compared with the same period previous year, but at the same time showed a sequential growth from SEK 4.2 million in the last quarter of 2018 to SEK 11.5 million in the current quarter.
- CERAMENT G and CERAMENT V grew by 54 percent compared to Q1 2018.
- Gross margin of 85.9 percent (82.1).
- Operating profit totaled SEK -39.0 million (-33.1).
- Earnings per share before and after dilution, was -0.75 (-0.67).
- Annelie Aava Vikner joined the company as Executive Vice President Global Marketing & Communications on March 1.
- In March, BONIFY™, a demineralized bone matrix (DBM), was launched in the US. The launch is a result of the strategic partnership MTF Biologics.
EVENTS AFTER PERIOD END
In April it was announced that Vikram Johri is leaving BONESUPPORT and his role as GM & EVP Commercial Operations EUROW.
The interim report is available by clicking on the links below:
Outside the US: https://www.bonesupport.com/en-eu/financial-reports/
The report will be available on BONESUPPORT’s website from 08.00 am CET today and the presentation from the webcast will be uploaded during the day.
A presentation will be hosted today at 10.00 am CET and is accessed by telephone or via web. The presentation will be in English with the opportunity to ask questions following the presentation.
The dial-in numbers for the conference call are:
UK: +44 3333009270
SE: +46 850558365
US: +1 8335268382
The presentation will be webcasted and can be accessed from the following
Hosts: Emil Billbäck, CEO, and Håkan Johansson, CFO
For more information contact:
Emil Billbäck, CEO
+46 (0) 46 286 53 70
Håkan Johansson, CFO
+46(0) 46 286 53 70
BONESUPPORT (Nasdaq Stockholm: BONEX) develops and commercializes innovative injectable bio-ceramic bone graft substitutes that remodel to the patient’s own bone and have the capability of eluting drugs. BONESUPPORT’s bone graft substitutes are based on the patented technology platform CERAMENT. The company is conducting several clinical studies to further demonstrate the clinical and health economic benefits its products deliver and a Premarket approval filing with the FDA (USA) for its gentamicin eluting product is planned in 2020. The company is based in Lund, Sweden, and the net sales amounted to SEK 97 million in 2018. Please visit www.bonesupport.com for more information.
BONESUPPORT and CERAMENT are registered trademarks of BONESUPPORT AB.
This information is such information as BONESUPPORT HOLDING AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 08.00 CET on 2 May 2019.